SysAdmin – A Must Have List to Keep You Running
The system administrators – IT pros – IT guys – techies, however you may refer to them – have a single goal: to be the fantastic fixers of all things tech related. These individuals are always on call and no matter if you need updated antivirus software or help repairing a corrupt SQL database, the SysAdmins expertise and experience can help.
Finding the best just got easier, with this list of truly amazing and awesome SysAdmin resources and a brief description of what they have to offer.
- Bacula: Client-server model backup tool.
- Burp: Restore and backup program.
- TarSnap: Open source client offering secure backup service.
- DREBS: Supports strategies – AWS EBS backup script.
- Redo Backup: Ideal for backup, recovery and restoration.
- Fog: Simple cloning solution.
- Clonezilla: disk imaging or cloning program.
- Archipel: Allows you to manage and supervise any virtual machines with Libvirt.
- Cobbler: This is a Linux installation server allowing for easy and quick setup of the network installation environments.
- Mesos: Allows you to develop and run the resource efficient systems.
- The Foreman: Offers a complete management tool for both virtual and physical servers.
- Cloudify: A TOSCA based software platform on the cloud written in YAML and Python.
- Juju: Tool that manages services as various charms, deployment script bundles and YAML configuration.
- Rundek: Simple, easy to use orchestration tool
- Salt: Written in Python.
Cloud Server Storage
- ownCloud: Offers you universal access to all files on the web, computer and mobile devices.
- Seafile: Another solution for open source cloud storage.
- Swift: Available and distributed constantly.
- Syncthing: Offers an open source system for encrypted and authenticated distribution of data.
- Gerrit: Based from the Git version control, facilitating software developers to review the modifications made to the source code and then reject or approve the changes.
- Review Board: Available for free software under the MIT License.
- SOGo: Software server that focuses on scalability and simplicity.
- Horde Groupware: This is a collaborative software based on PHP that includes time tracking, wikis, calendars, email and file management.
When you have the proper tools, you will be able to fix and solve any issue that may develop!