5U HyperShelf for 8 Dell Precision 3240 Compact Workstation
Optimize at scale
- 8 Dell Precision 3240s in a 5U shelf
- Decrease deployment times with quick mount rail design and increased shelf density
- Designed for enterprise deployments and data center environments
- Lower installation cost per device
- Does not interfere with power button or peripheral ports
- Allows for mounting of the Precisions external power adapters
Powerful and properly cooled
- Fully articulating Cable Management Arm
- Designated cable pathways with integrated tie points
- High-quality ball bearing slide rails with high capacity and full extension
- Removable side panels for cable access and exhaust containment
- Integrated 120mm Exhaust fan to increase air flow and cooling capacity
- Designated tie down points for power adapters
Note: only compatible with the Dell Precision 3240 Compact Workstation
Maximize Space and Performance
RackSolutions HyperShelf for Dell Precision 3240 allows you to mount 8 Precision 3240 PCs in a 5U sliding enclosure. We built these mounts to perfectly optimize space and airflow so that the customer can make sure that their Dell PC’s will last and perform.
Inspired by the hyperscaling initiative in the data center space, the HyperShelf aims to bring increased scalability to the variety of businesses who fill racks up with consumer computing devices.
Whether it be a DaaS company offering global access to specific devices or a smaller business who needs a cost effective solution to sending employees home to work, HyperShelves promise to maximize computing power while minimizing real estate costs.
We’ve been fitting square pegs in round holes for two decades, and are eager to keep building. If you need to deploy a specific device that you can’t find on our site, get in touch with us and we will have a prototype ready ASAP.
We stress tested 8 Precision 3240s in a HyperShelf all running Prime95 and found that when using the included exhaust fan, temperatures ran lower than when running the tests on the standalone machines.
As you can see from the chart, when running simultaneously in the HyperShelf, temperatures reached a max of 91.32° Celsius compared to 92.77° Celsius when running independently.
Temperature Testing Data
|Dell Part Number||115-7844 - AB490256
For a full list of Dell SKUs setup in the Dell ordering system visit our Dell SKU page.
|Ingram Part Number||115-7844 - 8UD721|
|Rack Type||4 Post|
|Mounting Depth Range||26" - 29.5"|
|Included Hardware||All necessary hardware is included|
|Material||16 GA Steel|