Dell PowerEdge R220: Specs and Rack Compatibility
The Dell PowerEdge R220 is a 1U rack server designed to deliver performance, data protection and enterprise-class systems management. This rack server is ideal for web hosting, mail serving, file and print serving, video streaming, as well as a wide range of general-purpose productivity applications. For those who need a short-depth form factor optimized for constrained spaces, this rack server is an excellent choice for growing businesses and organizations.
PowerEdge R220 Mounting Equipment
- Slide Rail: 1U Cobra 155-A Dry Slide Rail for Dell
- 4 Post Racks: 19” width, 20”-30” mounting depth
- 2 Post Racks: 19” width, 3”-6” uprights
- Universal Rail: 1U Universal Rack Rails
- 4 Post Sliding Shelf: Fixed Rack Shelf
- 2 Post Fixed Shelf: Light Duty Server Rack Shelf 24″
PowerEdge R220 Mounting Specifications
- Length (depth): 15.52” (394.3 mm)
- Width: 17.09” (434 mm)
- Height: 1.66” (42.4 mm)
- Weight: 8.058 kg (17.76 lbs) maximum weight
- U height: 1U
- Rack width: 17”
- Mountable depth: 16”
PowerEdge R220 Hardware Specifications
- RAM: 4 x DDR3 UDIMM, up to 32GB, up to 1600MT/s
- Storage: Up to two 3.5 inch Enterprise Class and Entry Class SATA, SAS, or Nearline SAS hard drives, or Up to two 2.5 inch SAS, SATA, or Nearline SAS hard drives
- CPU options: Intel Xeon processor E3-1200 v3 product family, Intel Pentium, Intel Celeron, Intel Core
- Power: Non-redundant, 250W (80+ Silver); auto-ranging (100V~240V)
- Remote management: iDRAC7 with Lifecycle Controller (optional)
PowerEdge R220 Dimensions and Rack Compatibility
The PowerEdge R220 chassis is 1 rack unit in height, has a depth of 16 inches and will fit in standard EIA 19 inch racks.
Rails allow for the most efficient use of space when mounting servers. RackSolutions specifically designed a slide rail kit to fit the shoulder screws of the PowerEdge R220.
Universal rails that have a height of 1U and support up to 16 inches of depth will be compatible with the PE R220. A benefit of these is the ability to re-use them for different servers or future upgrades. Plus, it’s easy to slide your server in and out of them for maintenance. You can also use our slam latch accessory kit for your Dell servers to be secured in place when using our universal rails. The retaining plate is only compatible with 1U-2U standard width universal rails.
Other products that will be useful when mounting your server can be found here: