Dell PowerEdge R230: Specs and Rack Compatibility
The Dell PowerEdge R230 is a 1U rack server designed to accommodate data growth and accelerate compute performance. Compared to the PowerEdge R220, the R230 delivers higher memory capacity, more hard drives and I/O slots, and accelerates data throughput and IOPs performance. For those who need powerful performance and operational efficiency, this rack server is ideal for small and medium businesses (SMB) and remote office/branch office (ROBO).
PowerEdge R230 Mounting Equipment
- Slide Rail: 1U Cobra 155-A Dry Slide Rail for Dell
- 4 Post Racks: 19” width, 20”-30” mounting depth
- 2 Post Racks: 19” width, 3”-6” uprights
- Universal Rail: 1U Universal Rack Rails
- 4 Post Sliding Shelf: Fixed Rack Shelf
- 2 Post Fixed Shelf: Light Duty Server Rack Shelf 24″
PowerEdge R230 Mounting Specifications
- Length (depth): 19.5” (495 mm)
- Width: 17.09” (434.0 mm)
- Height: 1.67” (42.8 mm)
- Weight: 10.6 kg (20.96 lb)
- U height: 1U
- Rack width: 17”
- Mountable depth: 20”
PowerEdge R230 Hardware Specifications
- RAM: Up to 64GB, Up to 2400MT/s DDR4 DIMMs
- Storage: 2 x 3.5″ cabled HDD, 4 x 3.5″ cabled HDD, 4 x 3.5″ hot-swap or 2.5″ hot-swap in hybrid drive carrier
- CPU options: Intel Xeon processor E3-1200 v6 product family, Intel Pentium, Intel Core i3, Intel Celeron
- Power: 250W cabled PSU
- Remote management: iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller, iDRAC8 Express (default), iDRAC8 Enterprise (upgrade), 8GB vFlash media (upgrade), 16GB vFlash media (upgrade)
Dell PowerEdge R230 Dimensions and Rack Compatibility
The PowerEdge R230 chassis is 1 rack units in height, has a depth of 20 inches and will fit in standard EIA 19 inch racks.
Rails allow for the most efficient use of space when mounting servers. RackSolutions specifically designed a slide rail kit to fit the shoulder screws of the PowerEdge R230.
Universal rails that have a height of 1U and support up to 20 inches of depth will be compatible with the PE R230. A benefit of these is the ability to re-use them for different servers or future upgrades. Plus, it’s easy to slide your server in and out of them for maintenance.
Other products that will be useful when mounting your server can be found here: