Dell PowerEdge R310: Specs and Rack Compatibility
The Dell PowerEdge R310 is a high-performance 1U rack server with flexible computing power, business scalability, simplified management, data protection, and security options. Additionally, the PowerEdge R310 provides flexibility for rack-oriented deployments. For small to midsize businesses, this rack server is designed to help lower IT-related costs, reduce complexity and free up resources.
PowerEdge R310 Mounting Equipment
- Slide Rail: 1U Cobra 110-A Dry Slide Rail for Dell
- 4 Post Racks: 19” width, 20”-30” mounting depth
- 2 Post Racks: 19” width, 3”-6” uprights
- Universal Rail: 1U Universal Rack Rails
- 4 Post Sliding Shelf: Fixed Rack Shelf
- 2 Post Fixed Shelf: Light Duty Server Rack Shelf 24″
PowerEdge R310 Mounting Specifications
- Length (depth): 24.12” (612.6 mm)
- Width: 17.09” (434 mm)
- Height: 1.69” (42.4 mm)
- Weight: 15.0 kg (33.02 lb) maximum weight
- U height: 1U
- Rack width: 17”
- Mountable depth: 24”
PowerEdge R310 Hardware Specifications
- RAM: Up to 48GB (6 DIMM slots): 1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB up to 1333MHz
- Storage: Cabled or hot-swap options available: 4 hard drive chassis: 3.5” SAS and SATA or 2.5” SAS and SSD drives
- CPU options: Quad-core Intel Xeon processors 3400 series, Dual-core Intel Celeron G1101, Intel Pentium G6950, Dual-core Intel Core i3 processor 500 series
- Power: One non-redundant 350W power supply, Two hot-pluggable redundant 400W hot-plug power supplies
- Remote management: Optional iDRAC Express, iDRAC 6 Enterprise
PowerEdge R310 Dimensions and Rack Compatibility
The PowerEdge R310 chassis is 1 rack unit in height, has a depth of 24 inches and will fit in standard EIA 19 inch racks.
Rails allow for the most efficient use of space when mounting servers. RackSolutions specifically designed a slide rail kit to fit the shoulder screws of the PowerEdge R310.
Universal rails that have a height of 1U and support up to 24 inches of depth will be compatible with the PE R310. A benefit of these is the ability to re-use them for different servers or future upgrades. Plus, it’s easy to slide your server in and out of them for maintenance. You can also use our slam latch accessory kit for your Dell servers to be secured in place when using our universal rails. The retaining plate is only compatible with 1U-2U standard width universal rails.
Other products that will be useful when mounting your server can be found here: