Dell PowerEdge R610: Specs and Rack Compatibility
The Dell PowerEdge R610 is a 1U rack server designed for high performance, power efficiency, and ease of maintenance. To better manage your data center operations, the server features simplified systems management and advanced thermal control for optimizing performance while reducing power consumption.
PowerEdge R610 Mounting Equipment
- Slide Rail: 1U Cobra Slide 75 Rail for Dell, Dell PowerEdge R610 Slide Rails
- 4 Post Racks: 19” width, 20”-30” mounting depth
- 2 Post Racks: 19” width, 3”-6” uprights
- Universal Rail: 1U Universal Rack Rails
- 4 Post Sliding Shelf: Rack Mount Sliding Shelves
- 2 Post Fixed Shelf: Tool-less Rack Shelf
PowerEdge R610 Mounting specifications
- Length (depth): 30.39” (772 mm)
- Width: 19” (482.44 mm)
- Height: 1.67” (42.6 mm)
- Weight: 17.69 kg max (39 lb)
- U height: 1U
- Rack width: 19”
- Mountable depth: 30” – 35”
PowerEdge R610 Hardware Specifications
- RAM: Up to 192GB (12 DIMM slots): 1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB DDR3 800MT/s, 1066 MT/s, or 1333 MT/s
- Storage: Internal hard drive bay and hot-plug backplane. Up to six 2.5” SAS, or SSD Drives. Up to 12TB.
- CPU options: Intel Xeon processors 5500 and 5600 series
- Power: One or two hot-plug high-efficiency 502W Energy Smart power supplies or one or two hot-plug 717W high-output power supplies
- Remote management: iDRAC6 Enterprise (optional)
Dell PowerEdge R610 Dimensions and Rack Compatibility
The PowerEdge R610 chassis is 1 rack unit in height, has a depth of 30 inches and will fit in standard EIA 19 inch racks.
Rails allow for the most efficient use of space when mounting servers. RackSolutions specifically designed a slide rail kit to fit the shoulder screws of the PowerEdge R610.
Universal rails that have a height of 1U and support up to 30 inches of depth will be compatible with the PE R610. A benefit of these is the ability to re-use them for different servers or future upgrades. Plus, it’s easy to slide your server in and out of them for maintenance.
Other products that will be useful when mounting your server can be found here: