Dell PowerEdge R720: Specs and Rack Compatibility
Dell PowerEdge R720 is designed to run a wide range of applications and virtual environments for both mid-size and large enterprises. The 2U server features highly scalable memory, I/O capacity, and flexible network options. For those who want features that will handle tough workloads, this rack server is designed with performance scalability and workload-optimized local storage options.
PowerEdge R720 Mounting Equipment
- Slide Rail: 2U Cobra 115-A Dry Slide Rail for Dell
- 4 Post Racks: 19” width, 20”-30” mounting depth
- 2 Post Racks: 19” width, 3”-6” uprights
- Universal Rail: 2U Universal Rack Rails
- 4 Post Sliding Shelf: Rack Mount Sliding Shelves
- 2 Post Fixed Shelf: Tool-less Rack Shelf
PowerEdge R720 Mounting specifications
- Length (depth): 29.75” (755.8 mm)
- Width: 17.48” (444 mm)
- Height: 3.44” (87.3 mm)
- Weight: 2.5 inch hard-drive systems – 29.5 kg (65.03 lbs) max / 3.5 inch hard-drive systems – 30.9 kg (68.12 lbs) max
- U height: 2U
- Rack width: 19”
- Mountable depth: 29”-30”
PowerEdge R720 Hardware Specifications
- RAM: Up to 768GB (24 DIMM Slots)
- Storage: Up to 16 x 2.5”, 8 x 2.5” + 8 x 2.5” (with dual RAID controllers), 8 x 2.5”, 8 x 2.5” + 4 x 2.5” Express Flash, 8 x 3.5”
- CPU options: Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 or E5-2600 v2 product families
- Power: Hot plug, redundant power supply
- Remote management: iDRAC7 with Lifecycle Controller
Dell PowerEdge R720 Dimensions and Rack Compatibility
The PowerEdge R720 chassis is 2 rack units in height, has a depth of 29 inches and will fit in standard EIA 19 inch racks.
Rails allow for the most efficient use of space when mounting servers. RackSolutions specifically designed a slide rail kit to fit the shoulder screws of the PowerEdge R720.
Universal rails that have a height of 2U and support up to 29 inches of depth will be compatible with the PE R720. A benefit of these is the ability to re-use them for different servers or future upgrades. Plus, it’s easy to slide your server in and out of them for maintenance. You can also use our slam latch accessory kit for your Dell servers to be secured in place when using our universal rails. The retaining plate is only compatible with 1U-2U standard width universal rails.
Other products that will be useful when mounting your server can be found here: