Dell PowerEdge R730: Specs and Rack Compatibility
The Dell PowerEdge R730 contained evolutionary improvement over the PowerEdge R720 in terms of expandability, storage and performance. It is designed for data intensive applications and can handle enterprise workloads.
As it was released in 2015, Dell does not offer the R730 on their store anymore, but it is widely available through secondary markets. For instance, there are many eBay listings of this server in various configurations ranging from under $1000 to over $5000.
PowerEdge R730 Mounting Equipment
- Slide Rail: 2U Cobra 115-A Dry Slide Rail for Dell
- Racks: 19” width, 27”-30” depth
- Universal Rail: Universal Rack Rails
- Shelf: Tool-less Rack Shelf
PowerEdge R730 Mounting specifications
- Mounting depth: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Width: 17.1” (444 mm)
- Height: 3.4” (87.3 mm)
- Weight: 69.23 lb maximum
- U height: 2U
- Rack width: 19”
- Mountable depth: 25”-27”
PowerEdge R730 hardware specifications
- RAM: Up to 3TB LRDIMM/RDIMM
- Storage: Up to 16 x 2.5” or 8 x 3.5” (Max 29TB / 64TB)
- CPU options: Up to two E5-2600 v4 Intel Xeon Scalable Processors (22 cores per processor)
- Power: Up to two AC or DC PSUs
- Remote management: iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller
Dell PowerEdge R730 dimensions and rack compatibility
The PowerEdge R730 chassis is 2 rack units in height, has a depth of 26 inches and will fit in standard EIA 19 inch racks.
Rails allow for the most efficient use of space when mounting servers. RackSolutions specifically designed a slide rail kit to fit the shoulder screws of the PowerEdge R730.
Universal rails that have a height of 1U and support up to 29 inches of depth will be compatible with the PE R730. A benefit of these is the ability to re-use them for different servers or future upgrades. Plus, it’s easy to slide your server in and out of them for maintenance.
Other products that will be useful when mounting your server can be found here: