Dell PowerEdge R810: Specs and Rack Compatibility
The Dell PowerEdge R810 is a rack server that provides performance and rack density in a scalable 2U, two or four-socket server, allowing workload consolidation or high virtualization machine density. This rack server features highly reliable Intel Xeon processors, high-capacity DDR3 memory, and enterprise-class manageability. For businesses with high demands for database and virtualization applications, this rack server will help you reduce IT complexity and lower costs.
PowerEdge R810 Mounting Equipment
- Slide Rail: 1U Cobra 160-A Rail for Dell (Included shim for custom fit on R810)
- 4 Post Racks: 19” width, 20”-30” mounting depth
- 2 Post Racks: 19” width, 3”-6” uprights
- Universal Rail: 2U Universal Rack Rails
- 4 Post Sliding Shelf: Rack Mount Sliding Shelf
- 2 Post Fixed Shelf: 2U Fixed Heavy Duty Rack Shelf
PowerEdge R810 Mounting Specifications
- Length (depth): 28” (720.6 mm)
- Width: 17.4” (443.1 mm)
- Height: 3.40” (86.4 mm)
- Weight: 26.1 kg (57.54 lb) maximum weight
- U height: 2U
- Rack width: 17”
- Mountable depth: 28”
PowerEdge R810 Hardware Specifications
- RAM: Up to 1TB (32 DIMM slots): 1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB DDR3 up to 1066MT/s
- Storage: Up to six hot-plug 2.5” SATA SSD, SAS, nearline SAS, or SATA drives
- CPU options: Eight-core Intel Xeon processor 7500 or 6500 series, Ten-core Intel Xeon E7-2800, E7-4800 and E7-8800 product family
- Power: Two redundant 1100W hot-plug power supplies
- Remote management: iDRAC6 Express, iDRAC 6 Enterprise (optional), iDRAC 6 Enterprise vFlash media (optional)
PowerEdge R810 Dimensions and Rack Compatibility
The PowerEdge R810 chassis is 2 rack unit in height, has a depth of 28 inches and will fit in standard EIA 19 inch racks.
Rails allow for the most efficient use of space when mounting servers. RackSolutions specifically designed a slide rail kit to fit the shoulder screws of the PowerEdge R810.
Universal rails that have a height of 2U and support up to 28 inches of depth will be compatible with the PE R810. A benefit of these is the ability to re-use them for different servers or future upgrades. Plus, it’s easy to slide your server in and out of them for maintenance. You can also use our slam latch accessory kit for your Dell servers to be secured in place when using our universal rails. The retaining plate is only compatible with 1U-2U standard width universal rails.
Other products that will be useful when mounting your server can be found here: