Dell Precision 3930 Rack: Specs and Rack Compatibility
The Dell Precision 3930 Rack is a short-depth and narrow 1U rack server that delivers better rack density and a smaller footprint for space-constrained workspaces. This rack server seamlessly integrates into your datacenter, bringing data, heat and noise isolation with reduced clutter at your desk. For businesses that need a powerful and affordable rack workstation, the Precision 3930 Rack optimizes deployment, security, and manageability.
Precision 3930 Rack Mounting Equipment
- Slide Rail: 1U Cobra 155-A Dry Slide Rail for Dell
- 4 Post Racks: 19” width, 20”-30” mounting depth
- 2 Post Racks: 19” width, 3”-6” uprights
- Universal Rail: 1U Universal Rack Rails
- 4 Post Sliding Shelf: Fixed Rack Shelf
- 2 Post Fixed Shelf: Light Duty Server Rack Shelf 24″
Precision 3930 Rack Mounting Specifications
- Length (depth): 23.19” (589.1 mm)
- Width: 18.98” (482.0 mm)
- Height: 1.68” (42.8 mm)
- Weight: 8.74 kg (19.27lb)
- U height: 1U
- Rack width: 19”
- Mountable depth: 23”
Precision 3930 Rack Hardware Specifications
- RAM: Dual channel UDIMM memory up to 128GB, 2666MHz DDR4 Non-ECC or ECC Memory, (128GB ECC coming soon
- Storage: Support for up to (2) M.2 PCIe SSD on motherboard slot and Up to (2) 3.5” SATA or (4) 2.5” SATA. Support for up to up to (2) additional PCIe SSD on Dell Precision Ultraspeed drive (x8) with active cooling
- CPU options: 9th Gen Intel Core i3-9100 (6 MB cache, 4 cores, 4 threads, 3.60 GHz to 4.20 GHz Turbo)
- Power: One or two redundant/non-redundant hot pluggable 550W (80PLUS Platinum certified), Two PSUs required with RTX 4000, RTX 5000 and RTX 6000 that will function in non-redundant mode
- Remote management: Intel vPro Technology’s advanced management features (optional, requires Intel WiFi Link WLAN)
Precision 3930 Rack Dimensions and Rack Compatibility
The Precision 3930 Rack chassis is 1 rack unit in height, has a depth of 23 inches and will fit in standard EIA 19 inch racks.
Rails allow for the most efficient use of space when mounting servers. RackSolutions specifically designed a slide rail kit to fit the shoulder screws of the Precision 3930 Rack.
Universal rails that have a height of 1U and support up to 23 inches of depth will be compatible with the P3930 Rack. A benefit of these is the ability to re-use them for different servers or future upgrades. Plus, it’s easy to slide your server in and out of them for maintenance. You can also use our slam latch accessory kit for your Dell servers to be secured in place when using our universal rails. The retaining plate is only compatible with 1U-2U standard width universal rails.
Other products that will be useful when mounting your server can be found here: