Dell PowerEdge R820: Specs and Rack Compatibility
The Dell PowerEdge R820 is a 2U rack server designed for dense virtualization and scalable database applications. This server features highly scalable memory and I/O capabilities. For those who need a compute-intensive performance platform, this rack server is ideal for enterprise resource planning, data warehousing, e-commerce, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), databases, and data node high performance computing (HPC).
PowerEdge R820 Mounting Equipment
- Slide Rail: 2U Cobra 80 Rail for Dell
- 4 Post Racks: 19” width, 20”-30” mounting depth
- 2 Post Racks: 19” width, 3”-6” uprights
- Universal Rail: 2U Universal Rack Rails
- 4 Post Sliding Shelf: Rack Mount Sliding Shelves
- 2 Post Fixed Shelf: 2U Fixed Heavy Duty Rack Shelf
PowerEdge R820 Mounting Specifications
- Length (depth): 31” (777.6 mm)
- Width: 17” (434 mm)
- Height: 3.41” (86.8mm)
- Weight: 29.5 kg (65 lbs)
- U height: 2U
- Rack width: 17”
- Mountable depth: 31”
PowerEdge R820 Hardware Specifications
- RAM: Up to 1.5TB (48 DIMM slots): 2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB DDR3 up to 1600MT/s
- Storage: Up to 16 2.5” hot-plug SAS, SATA or SSD
- CPU options: Intel Xeon processor E5-4600 product family
- Power: Auto-ranging Titanium efficiency 750W AC power supply; auto-ranging Platinum efficiency 750W or 1100W AC power supply; 1100W DC power supply
- Remote management: iDRAC7 with Lifecycle Controller
Dell PowerEdge R820 Dimensions and Rack Compatibility
The PowerEdge R820 chassis is 2 rack units in height, has a depth of 31 inches and will fit in standard EIA 19 inch racks.
Rails allow for the most efficient use of space when mounting servers. RackSolutions specifically designed a slide rail kit to fit the shoulder screws of the PowerEdge R820.
Universal rails that have a height of 2U and support up to 31 inches of depth will be compatible with the PE R820. A benefit of these is the ability to re-use them for different servers or future upgrades. Plus, it’s easy to slide your server in and out of them for maintenance.
Other products that will be useful when mounting your server can be found here: