Dell PowerEdge R510: Specs and Rack Compatibility
The Dell PowerEdge R510 is a multipurpose 2U rack server designed to balance internal storage, redundancy, and value. This server features a purposeful design, simplified systems management, and energy-optimized technology. For those who need large amounts of internal storage capacity, this rack server is a great platform for core business applications such as Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Exchange.
PowerEdge R510 Mounting Equipment
- Slide Rail: 2U Cobra 80 Rail for Dell
- 4 Post Racks: 19” width, 20”-30” mounting depth
- 2 Post Racks: 19” width, 3”-6” uprights
- Universal Rail: 2U Universal Rack Rails
- 4 Post Sliding Shelf: Rack Mount Sliding Shelves
- 2 Post Fixed Shelf: Light Duty Server Rack Shelf 24″
PowerEdge R510 Mounting specifications
- Length (depth): 24” (610.2 mm)
- Width: 17.19” (436.6 mm)
- Height: 3.40” (86.4 mm)
- Weight: 4 drives: 16 kg max (35.2 lbs), 8 drives: 22.5 kg (49.5 lbs) 12 drives: 29 kg max (63.8 lbs)
- U height: 2U
- Rack width: 19”
- Mountable depth: 24-26”
PowerEdge R510 Hardware Specifications
- RAM: Up to 128GB (8 DIMM slots): 1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB DDR3 up to 1333MHz
- Storage: Hot-plug hard drive options: 2.5” SAS SSD, SATA SSD, SAS (10K); 3.5” SAS (15K, 10K), nearline SAS (7.2K), SATA (7.2K). Cabled hard drive options: 2.5” SATA SSD, SAS (10K), nearline SAS (7.2K); 3.5” SAS (15K, 10K), nearline SAS (7.2K), SATA (7.2K)
- CPU options: Quad-core or six-core Intel Xeon processors 5500 and 5600 series
- Power: Non-redundant, 480W (80+ SILVER), Auto Ranging (100V~240V); Hot-Swap redundant 750W, Auto Ranging (100V~240V); Hot-Swap redundant 750W, Auto Ranging (100V~240V)
- Remote management: iDRAC6 optional
Dell PowerEdge R510 Dimensions and Rack Compatibility
The PowerEdge R510 chassis is 2 rack unit in height, has a depth of 24 inches and will fit in standard EIA 19 inch racks.
Rails allow for the most efficient use of space when mounting servers. RackSolutions specifically designed fixed rails to fit the shoulder screws of the PowerEdge R510.
Universal rails that have a height of 2U and support up to 24 inches of depth will be compatible with the PE R510. A benefit of these is the ability to re-use them for different servers or future upgrades. Plus, it’s easy to slide your server in and out of them for maintenance. You can also use our slam latch accessory kit for your Dell servers to be secured in place when using our universal rails. The retaining plate is only compatible with 1U-2U standard width universal rails.
Other products that will be useful when mounting your server can be found here: