Dell PowerEdge R6515: Specs and Rack Compatibility
The Dell PowerEdge R6515, released in 2020, improved on the already impressive R6415. The R6415 was special because they included AMD EPYC processors that raised the total RAM limitations that a single processor could handle.
The AMD advantage only increased with the R6515 iteration. What was already a high core count in the R6415 doubled, and RAM speed increased. Most everything else is the same, but the few changes were very impactful.
PowerEdge R6515 Mounting Equipment
- Slide Rail: 1U Cobra 79 Rail for Dell
- Racks: 19” width, 27”-30” depth
- Universal Rail: Universal Rack Rails
- 4 Post Shelf: Rack Mount Sliding Shelves
- 2 Post Shelf: 3U Adjustable 2 Post Relay Rack Shelf – 29″ depth
PowerEdge R6515 Mounting specifications
- Length (depth): 25.87” (657.25 mm)
- Width: 17.1” (434 mm)
- Height: 1.7” (42.8 mm)
- Weight: 36.92 lb (36.3 kg) max
- U height: 1U
- Rack width: 19”
- Mountable depth: 28”-30”
PowerEdge R6515 hardware specifications
- RAM: Up to 2TB LRDIMM (16 DDR4 DIMM slots)
- Storage: Up to 4 x 3.5”, 10 x 2.5”, 10 x 2.5” NVMe
- CPU options: A single AMD EPYC Rome SP3 Processor (64 core)
- Power: Two 550W AC Platinum
- Remote management: iDRAC9
Dell PowerEdge R6515 dimensions and rack compatibility
The PowerEdge R6515 chassis is 1 rack units in height, has a depth of 28 inches and will fit in standard EIA 19 inch racks.
Rails allow for the most efficient use of space when mounting servers. RackSolutions specifically designed a slide rail kit to fit the shoulder screws of the PowerEdge R6515.
Universal rails that have a height of 2U and support up to 29 inches of depth will be compatible with the PE R6515. A benefit of these is the ability to re-use them for different servers or future upgrades. Plus, it’s easy to slide your server in and out of them for maintenance.
Other products that will be useful when mounting your server can be found here: