Dell PowerEdge R520: Specs and Rack Compatibility
The Dell PowerEdge R520 is a 2U rack server designed to deliver balanced performance and storage expandability for data-intensive applications. This server features extensive memory, storage, and I/O capacities. For those who need the right combination of features and performance scalability to handle tough workloads, this rack server is ideal for large and small data center environments.
PowerEdge R520 Mounting Equipment
- Slide Rail: 2U Cobra 80 Rail for Dell
- 4 Post Racks: 19” width, 20”-30” mounting depth
- 2 Post Racks: 19” width, 3”-6” uprights
- Universal Rail: 2U Universal Rack Rails
- 4 Post Sliding Shelf: Rack Mount Sliding Shelf
- 2 Post Fixed Shelf: 2U Fixed Heavy Duty Rack Shelf
PowerEdge R520 Mounting Specifications
- Length (depth): 25.55” (649 mm) with redundant power supply unit
- Width: 17.08” (434 mm)
- Height: 3.41” (86.8 mm)
- Weight: 28.2 kg (62 lbs)
- U height: 2U
- Rack width: 17”
- Mountable depth: 26”
PowerEdge R520 Hardware Specifications
- RAM: Up to 384GB (12 DIMM slots): 2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB DDR3 up to 1600MT/s
- Storage: Up to 8 x 3.5-inch hot-plug drive bays; 3.5-inch SAS (15K), nearline SAS (7.2K), SATA (7.2K); 2.5-inch SAS (15K, 10K), SAS SSD (SLC), SATA SSD (MLC); requires 3.5-inch hybrid tray; Self-encrypting drives (SEDs) available
- CPU options: Intel Xeon processor E5-2400 product family
- Power: Cabled 550W AC, Hot-plug, redundant 495W AC, 750W AC, 1100W AC, 1100W DC
- Remote management: iDRAC7 with Lifecycle Controller
Dell PowerEdge R520 Dimensions and Rack Compatibility
The PowerEdge R520 chassis is 2 rack units in height, has a depth of 26 inches and will fit in standard EIA 19 inch racks.
Rails allow for the most efficient use of space when mounting servers. RackSolutions specifically designed a slide rail kit to fit the shoulder screws of the PowerEdge R520.
Universal rails that have a height of 2U and support up to 26 inches of depth will be compatible with the PE R520. A benefit of these is the ability to re-use them for different servers or future upgrades. Plus, it’s easy to slide your server in and out of them for maintenance.
Other products that will be useful when mounting your server can be found here: