Dell PowerEdge R320: Specs and Rack Compatibility
The Dell PowerEdge R320 is a 1U rack server designed for enterprise-class performance and high-availability capabilities. This server features configuration flexibility, simplified systems management, and increased internal storage. For those who want hassle-free computing, this rack server is ideal for core business applications in space-constrained locations.
PowerEdge R320 Mounting Equipment
- Slide Rail: 1U Cobra 79 Rail for Dell
- 4 Post Racks: 19” width, 20”-30” mounting depth
- 2 Post Racks: 19” width, 3”-6” uprights
- Universal Rail: 1U Universal Rack Rails
- 4 Post Sliding Shelf: Rack Mount Sliding Shelves
- 2 Post Fixed Shelf: Light Duty Server Rack Shelf 24″
PowerEdge R320 Mounting specifications
- Length (depth): 23.89” (607 mm)
- Width: 17” (434 mm)
- Height: 1.7” (42.8 mm)
- Weight: 19.3 kg (42.55 lb)
- U height: 1U
- Rack width: 19”
- Mountable depth: 24”
PowerEdge R320 Hardware Specifications
- RAM: Up to 192GB (6 DIMM slots): 2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB DDR3 up to 1600MT/s
- Storage: Up to 4 x 3.5” cabled or hot-plug, up to 8 x 2.5” hot-plug
- CPU options: Intel Xeon processor E5-2400 and E5-2400 v2 product families, Intel Xeon processor E5-1410, Intel Pentium processor 1400 product family
- Power: Platinum efficiency 350W or 550W power supply, Bronze efficiency cabled 350W power supply, Auto-ranging power supplies
- Remote management: iDRAC7 Enterprise with Lifecycle Controller
Dell PowerEdge R320 Dimensions and Rack Compatibility
The PowerEdge R320 chassis is 1 rack unit in height, has a depth of 24 inches and will fit in standard EIA 19 inch racks.
Rails allow for the most efficient use of space when mounting servers. RackSolutions specifically designed fixed rails to fit the shoulder screws of the PowerEdge R320.
Universal rails that have a height of 1U and support up to 24 inches of depth will be compatible with the PE R320. A benefit of these is the ability to re-use them for different servers or future upgrades. Plus, it’s easy to slide your server in and out of them for maintenance.
Other products that will be useful when mounting your server can be found here: