Dell PowerEdge R430: Specs and Rack Compatibility
The Dell PowerEdge R430 is a 1U rack server designed for outstanding performance and configuration flexibility. This server features operational efficiency and intuitive management with intelligent automation. For those who want to accelerate performance capacity and overcome space constraints, this rack server is ideal for high-performance computing (HPC) and infrastructure scale-out.
PowerEdge R430 Mounting Equipment
- Slide Rail: 1U Cobra 79 Rail for Dell
- 4 Post Racks: 19” width, 20”-30” mounting depth
- 2 Post Racks: 19” width, 3”-6” uprights
- Universal Rail: 1U Universal Rack Rails.
- 4 Post Sliding Shelf: Rack Mount Sliding Shelves
- 2 Post Fixed Shelf: 2U Fixed Heavy Duty Rack Shelf
PowerEdge R430 Mounting specifications
- Length (depth): 26.7” (676.92 mm)
- Width: 19” (482.4 mm)
- Height: 1.68” (42.8 mm)
- Weight: 16.73 kg max (43.87 lbs)
- U height: 1U
- Rack width: 19”
- Mountable depth: 27”
PowerEdge R430 hardware specifications
- RAM: DDR4 DIMMs at up to 2400MT/s, 12 DIMM slots: 4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB
- Storage: SAS, SATA, nearline SAS, SSD Multiple R430 chassis available: 10 x 2.5″ hot-plug drives, 8 x 2.5″ hot-plug drives, 4 x 3.5″ hot-plug drives, 4 x 3.5″ cabled drives
- CPU options: Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v4 product family
- Power: 450W, 550W PSU
- Remote management: iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller, iDRAC8 Express (default), iDRAC8 Enterprise (upgrade) 8GB vFlash media (upgrade), 16GB vFlash media (upgrade)
Dell PowerEdge R430 dimensions and rack compatibility
The PowerEdge R430 chassis is 1 rack unit in height, has a depth of 27 inches and will fit in standard EIA 19 inch racks.
Rails allow for the most efficient use of space when mounting servers. RackSolutions specifically designed fixed rails to fit the shoulder screws of the PowerEdge R430.
Universal rails that have a height of 1U and support up to 27 inches of depth will be compatible with the PE R430. A benefit of these is the ability to re-use them for different servers or future upgrades. Plus, it’s easy to slide your server in and out of them for maintenance.
Other products that will be useful when mounting your server can be found here: