Dell PowerEdge r6525: Specs and Rack Compatibility
The Dell PowerEdge R6525 is notable due to its significant increase in PCIe speed and lane count thanks to AMD’s EPYC processors. In a small 1U form factor, it is capable of supporting two EPYC Gen2 CPUs thanks to a new “T” shaped motherboard.
Launched in 2020, the R6525 started with a listing price of $4,377 for the base model which comes with a single 8 core EPYC processor. In total, the server supports 128 cores.
PowerEdge R6525 Mounting Equipment
- Slide Rail: 1U Cobra 79 Rail for Dell
- Racks: 19” width, 27”-30” depth
- Universal Rail: Universal Rack Rails
- 4 Post Shelf: Rack Mount Sliding Shelves
- 2 Post Shelf: 3U Adjustable 2 Post Relay Rack Shelf – 29″ depth
PowerEdge R6525 Mounting specifications
- Length (depth): 29” (736.54 mm)
- Width: 17.1” (434 mm)
- Height: 1.75” (44.45 mm)
- Weight: 47.39 lb (21.5 kg)
- U height: 1U
- Rack width: 19”
- Mountable depth: 28”-30”
PowerEdge R6525 hardware specifications
- RAM: Up to 4TB Octa rank LRDIMM (32 sockets)
- Storage: Up to 4 x 3.5”, 8 x 2.5”, 12 x 2.5” NVMe
- CPU options: Up to two AMD EPYC 7002 series processors
- Power: up to two AC or DC PSUs
- Remote management: iDRAC9 with Lifecycle Controller
Dell PowerEdge R6525 dimensions and rack compatibility
The PowerEdge R6525 chassis is 1 rack units in height, has a depth of 29 inches and will fit in standard EIA 19 inch racks.
Rails allow for the most efficient use of space when mounting servers. RackSolutions specifically designed a slide rail kit to fit the shoulder screws of the PowerEdge R6525.
Universal rails that have a height of 2U and support up to 29 inches of depth will be compatible with the PE R6525. A benefit of these is the ability to re-use them for different servers or future upgrades. Plus, it’s easy to slide your server in and out of them for maintenance.
Other products that will be useful when mounting your server can be found here: