Dell PowerEdge R720xd: Specs and Rack Compatibility
The Dell PowerEdge R720xd is a 2U rack server designed for data intensive operations. This server features highly scalable memory, I/O capabilities, and flexible network options. For those who need to quickly access and process vast amounts of data, this rack server is ideal for any mid-size or large business.
PowerEdge R720xd Mounting Equipment
- Slide Rail: 2U Cobra 80 Rail for Dell
- 4 Post Racks: 19” width, 20”-30” mounting depth
- 2 Post Racks: 19” width, 3”-6” uprights
- Universal Rail: 2U Universal Rack Rails
- 4 Post Sliding Shelf: Rack Mount Sliding Shelves
- 2 Post Fixed Shelf: 2U Fixed Heavy Duty Rack Shelf
PowerEdge R720xd Mounting Specifications
- Length (depth): 28” (723 mm)
- Width: 17” (444 mm)
- Height: 3.43” (87.3 mm)
- Weight: 32.5 kg (71.6 lbs)
- U height: 2U
- Rack width: 17”
- Mountable depth: 28”
PowerEdge R720xd hardware specifications
- RAM: Up to 768GB (24 DIMM Slots): 2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB DDR3 up to 1600MHz
- Storage: Up to 38TB, up to twenty six 2.5” drives or up to twelve 3.5” drives plus two 2.5” drives
- CPU options: Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 product family
- Power: Platinum efficiency 495W, 750W or Platinum+ efficiency 1100W power supplies, Auto-ranging power supplies
- Remote management: iDRAC7 with Lifecycle Controller
Dell PowerEdge R720xd dimensions and rack compatibility
The PowerEdge R720xd chassis is 2 rack units in height, has a depth of 28 inches and will fit in standard EIA 19 inch racks.
Rails allow for the most efficient use of space when mounting servers. RackSolutions specifically designed a slide rail kit to fit the shoulder screws of the PowerEdge R720xd.
Universal rails that have a height of 2U and support up to 28 inches of depth will be compatible with the PE R720xd. A benefit of these is the ability to re-use them for different servers or future upgrades. Plus, it’s easy to slide your server in and out of them for maintenance.
Other products that will be useful when mounting your server can be found here: