Dell PowerEdge R730xd: Specs and Rack Compatibility
The Dell PowerEdge R730xd is a 2U rack server designed to deliver high-performance processing and a broad range of workload optimized local storage options. This server features highly expandable memory, I/O capabilities, and operational efficiency. For those who want features that will handle demanding workloads, this rack server is ideal for data-intensive applications.
PowerEdge R730xd Mounting Equipment
- Slide Rail: 2U Cobra 80 Rail for Dell
- 4 Post Racks: 19” width, 20”-30” mounting depth
- 2 Post Racks: 19” width, 3”-6” uprights
- Universal Rail: 2U Universal Rack Rails
- 4 Post Sliding Shelf: Rack Mount Sliding Shelves
- 2 Post Fixed Shelf: 2U Fixed Heavy Duty Rack Shelf
PowerEdge R730xd Mounting specifications
- Length (depth): 26.92” (683.8 mm)
- Width: 17.49” (444.2 mm)
- Height: 3.44” (87.4 mm)
- Weight: 2.5” chassis: 29.5 kg (64.9 lbs) max, 3.5” chassis: 32.5 kg (71.5 lbs) max
- U height: 2U
- Rack width: 19”
- Mountable depth: 27”
PowerEdge R730xd Hardware Specifications
- RAM: Up to 1.5TB (24 DIMM slots): 4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB/64GB DDR4 up to 2400MT/s
- Storage: Up to 16 x 3.5” SAS, SATA, nearline SAS, SSD + 2 x 2.5” drives; Up to 18 x 1.8” SAS, SATA, nearline SAS, SSD drives + 8 x 3.5” SAS, SATA, nearline SAS, SSD drives, + 2 x 2.5” HDD; Up to 26 x 2.5” SAS, SATA, nearline SAS, SSD, PCIe SSD drives
- CPU options: Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v4 product family
- Power: Titanium efficiency 750W AC power supply; 1100W DC power supply; Platinum efficiency 495W, 750W, 1100W AC power supply
- Remote management: iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller, iDRAC8 Express (default), iDRAC8 Enterprise (upgrade) 8GB vFlash media (upgrade), 16GB vFlash media (upgrade)
Dell PowerEdge R730xd Dimensions and Rack Compatibility
The PowerEdge R730xd chassis is 2 rack unit in height, has a depth of 27 inches and will fit in standard EIA 19 inch racks.
Rails allow for the most efficient use of space when mounting servers. RackSolutions specifically designed a slide rail kit to fit the shoulder screws of the PowerEdge R730xd.
Universal rails that have a height of 2U and support up to 27 inches of depth will be compatible with the PE R730xd. A benefit of these is the ability to re-use them for different servers or future upgrades. Plus, it’s easy to slide your server in and out of them for maintenance.
Other products that will be useful when mounting your server can be found here: